Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Layers and Layers!

Layers, layers, and more layers! That's something I like to do when designing. I like to take lots of different colors and patterns and combine them in my pages. I like to cut different sizes and mix and match. I love it when I have double sided paper, because it usually matches the colors really well to your project! This is a fun layout I designed for fun called Best Buddies. For this layout, I designed it using My Minds Eye Abbey Road products. Mostly (if not all) from the Stomp line. This paper is so dang cute! I love to incorporate stripes AND polka-dots! It just jazzes things up. Another tip is to tear your paper. Besides, the best part about scrapbooking for me is that you can't really mess up. If you were to tear your paper wrong, just add ribbon over it or overlay it with some other coordinating papers! (I always practice on scratch paper first!) Just tear it and if you want to add some distressed looks or make it look "dirty" depending on your theme then just ink it! I also like adding glitter glue to my projects because glitter glue just finishes up your project. A little glitter goes a long way. If you don't have enough pictures to complete your layout, use the chipboard stickers that coordinate. Not only does it take up space and make embellishing easier, it really can complete your page! I hope these tips and ideas help spark some creativity! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Silly Goose Designs - Free Blogger Templates - by Templates para novo blogger